Date Published: May 18, 2020
FSH Direct Sale #10
2300 Amherst Street, Palo Alto
1 single-family home
Direct Sale Information
- Now Available!
Faculty who are eligible:
- Are members of the Academic Council who have a 100% Academic Council appointment and are working 100% time; and
- Have an appointment, that has been approved by the President, for a term of three or more years with the possibility of reappointment, or have received tenure, or have an appointment with a continuing term; and
- Have attended a private tour for the Direct Sale home prior to submitting the Purchase Offer Packet; and
- Do not have a deposit or contract on a FSH lottery or FSH Direct Sale single-family home.
- Please note: dual eligible couples will be considered as one purchase offer packet entry if both are on the same pre-qualifying letter and are purchasing the house together.
This direct sale is comprised of 1 single-family home located in the College Terrace Neighborhood in Palo Alto.
This home is subject to a Restricted Residential Ground Lease, and Stanford is selling this leasehold interest through the FSH Direct Sale Process.
This home is being sold “AS-IS”.
Restricted Ground Lease
All homes located on Stanford lands are subject to a ground lease. Not all ground leases are the same.
This home is subject to the Stanford “Restricted Residential Ground Lease” (Restricted Ground Lease). The Restricted Lease program is designed to help address the challenge of finding affordable housing at Stanford and in surrounding cities. By restricting certain rights of lessees, the University is able to offer long-term leasehold interests at significantly less than the cost of either a conventional leasehold interest or fee ownership of an otherwise comparable home.
Information regarding the Restricted Ground Lease is available for reference here.
Direct Sale Process:
This home is being sold via Direct Sale on a “first come first served” basis to Eligible Faculty who:
- Satisfy all of the Eligibility Criteria for this Direct Sale home; and
- “Submit an Offer” for the home, as outlined below, and
- “Complete the Purchase” of the home, as outlined below.
Submit an Offer
To Submit an Offer, the prospective buyer must complete a “Purchase Offer Packet”, and provide it to FSH with Informed Delivery, as prescribed below:
The Purchase Offer Packet is comprised of all 3 of the following items:
- Deposit Form (available here); and
- Initial Deposit Check (a bank deposit check payable to First American Title Company for Fifteen Thousand Dollars ($15,000)); and
- A letter from a lender or evidence that demonstrates the prospective buyer's ability to purchase the home.
Due to the shelter in place protocol, the Purchase Offer Packet must be submitted via:
- Email: to FSHListings@stanford.edu, sent with:
- Clear image of the Initial Deposit Check; and
- Subject: "SECURE: Direct Sale – Purchase Offer Packet (Property Address)”;
- Secure Email service is designed for faculty who need to use email to send Moderate to High Risk Data. More information regarding Secure Email can be obtained from Stanford University IT
Incomplete Purchase Offer Packets will not be considered and will be returned. To assure prompt consideration, review all Purchase Offer Packet materials for completeness before submitting them to FSH.
Prospective buyers will be notified of their Direct Sale status within two (2) business days after receipt of their Purchase Offer Packet, confirming if their Purchase Offer Packet is accepted, incomplete, complete and in queue, or complete and subject to a random-number generated drawing (i.e., Lottery) (See FAQ's).
The Direct Sale listing will close when FSH accepts the first complete Purchase Offer Packet received from Eligible Faculty.
Those in queue must collect their Initial Deposit Check from FSH within two (2) business days after being notified of the listing being closed. Those in queue may remain in queue, in the order that their completed Purchase Offer Packet was received, until the Prospective Buyer and FSH “Complete the Purchase."
Complete the Purchase:
To Complete the Purchase, the Prospective Buyer must successfully close escrow for the purchase of the Direct Sale home, after full loan approval is received and the paperwork is prepared for the title company, in the manner summarized below:
- FSH will immediately place the Initial Deposit Check in the escrow depository; and
- The Prospective Buyer must sign the Purchase Contract for the home within two (2) business days after FSH has accepted their Purchase Offer Packet.
- The total escrow period may not be less than 30 days and no greater than 60 days.
You can schedule a house tour by sending an email to: email@example.com or by calling 650-725-6893.
College Terrace is a highly sought-after neighborhood in the City of Palo Alto. The neighborhood is located blocks from Stanford University, in a 2 block by 12 block area that lies between South California Avenue and Stanford Avenue, from Amherst Street to El Camino Real. All of the street names in the neighborhood are named after East Coast colleges and universities. The homes in the neighborhood are known for their eclectic nature.
2300 Amherst Street is a three-story single-family home built in 2002 with updates in 2019. This traditional architectural style home offers a formal kitchen, living and dining areas, and a family room on the entry level. The upper level is comprised of a large master bedroom, master bath, and two balconies. The lower level is comprised two bedrooms, a den, a laundry area, storage room, and recreational space. This home features a chef’s kitchen, dual fireplace, private yard, two decks, natural light, as well as an interesting history!
|Address||2300 Amherst Street
Palo Alto, CA 94306
|Floor Plan||3 BR / 2.5 BA|
|Home Size (approx.)||2,492 Sq. Ft.|
|Lot Size (approx.)||6,000 Sq. Ft.
|Parking||1-Car Detached Garage|
|Amenities||Traditional kitchen with large center island, stainless steel appliances (washer/dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher, range, & microwave), dual fireplace, two balconies, a detached garage, a large yard, and more!|
David Starr Jordan Middle
Palo Alto High
|FAQs||Answers to FAQs regarding the home and FSH Direct Sales are available here.|