Perched on a magnificent, tranquil, private acre in the heart of the Stanford Campus, this California Craftsman historic home with timeless appeal is surrounded by heritage oaks. Situated at the top of the coveted San Juan Hill it has a 180 degree, far reaching views of the Western Foothills, Hoover Tower and the Bay. It is considered one of best lots on Campus and in within ¾ miles of the main quad.
- Designed by John K Branner and solidly built in 1908 it offers 5 spacious bedrooms 2 full baths and 2 half baths, an office/ library. Built to last for lifetimes, only 3 families have occupied it in 112 years.
- The original redwood paneling, built-in cabinets and detailing including original light fixtures have been beautifully preserved. The interior is infused with an abundance of natural lighting filtered through large windows
- Extensive gathering spaces with 9 ft ceilings are consistent with the period and invite entertaining on a grand scale.
- Expansive living room features views from perpendicular windows, a handmade patterned brick gas fireplace accented by two exposed beams and 4 built in cabinets and access to the deck
- Generous sized, sun lighted dining room, original leaded glass cabinets and buffet that serves as a pass through to kitchen Spacious library with book shelves on two sides, huge virgin redwood panels and door to the deck.
- Three level outdoor entertaining space include a large wooden deck and two levels of aggregate patio, one wrapping around the rear of the property, highlighted by a lovely rose garden and ancient tea tree that serves as a canopy. The lower level has a brick firepit and stairs leading to meandering pathways around the rustic acreage and fruit trees. Huge flat areas suitable for pool or possibly a tennis court **Charming country kitchen with custom tile counters with access to an outdoor tiled eating porch.
- A massive wood staircase leads to the wide hallway that provides access to the five bedrooms, sleeping porch and bathrooms
- Left front bedroom has an adjoining separate retreat/office and walk in closet
- A private deck is attached to left middle bedroom that has views of the foothills
- Amazing views are seen from the remaining bedrooms and from the Jacuzzi tub in the main bathroom Additional amenities include:
- Charming detached studio with loft, partial bath and eating bar could be used as a garage
- Unfinished attic and basement, opening to rear patio with laundry facilities, half bath and work bench not included in square footage.
- Coveted Palo Alto Schools
- Oak floors Two furnaces.
Call Shari Ornstein 650.814,6682 for access using Covid guidelines, and disclosures.
Seller Supplied Website: